UAL Open Courses (online)
What are open courses?
- Study online: learn within our UAL Digital Learning Environment via online talks, seminars, workshops and more.
- Learn from industry: grow your professional network as you're taught by established creatives and meet with an international cohort of fellow students.
- Open to all: wherever you are in the world, we welcome all applicants whether you're from the UK or overseas.
- Flexible: whether you're a working professional or a recent graduate, you can balance our courses with your lifestyle.
- Connect with UAL expertise: each course is based on a unit from an established course at UAL. Our Open Courses are created with this expertise and designed to be taken online.
- Build your learning: our online courses are designed to be taken either as stand-alone courses, or you can compile a collection of courses to build your own unique learning journey.
On successful completion of a UAL Open Course you will receive:
- UAL accredited certificate: once you successfully complete one of these online courses, you'll receive a level 4 or level 7 certificate depending on which of our courses you choose.
- Credits: the credits you receive from a UAL Open Course could be combined towards larger qualifications, in some cases. For example, a Masters Degree in the UK is worth 180 credits. These courses range from 20 to 60 credits in value.
Our Open Courses
We will have over 10 online Open Courses available. Our courses are a mixture of undergraduate and postgraduate units. You'll be able to choose from courses in Computing, Media, Creative Communication, Writing, Design, Fine Art and more.
Digital learning environment
Our other online courses
If you'd like to study with UAL online, but are curious about our other remote learning options, explore further below.